Impulse buying a new head while feeling sickly may not be the best idea, lol, but too late, rawr! Stumbled on a cute Volks F-09 modded head in DoA’s marketplace and just got suckered right into the little thing. Couldn’t help myself! Would you believe I am now an official Volks owner? Scandalous! I think the fact that it was old (2004 I believe?) probably had a lot to endear me to it. According to USPS, he should be here tomorrow. Not 100% sure if it will be boy or girl yet, but I think it’s leaning towards a “he”. He’s had his mouth modded open (see what I did there? he already…) and the eyes waaaaay opened. Like, omg crazay WIDE EYED open! hehe~ And the seller believes the nose is possibly, very slightly sanded, but not totally sure. They did also have an old, un-modded F-09 to compare everything to and even sent me a side-by-side photo of my incoming purchase with the other F-09. Pretty awesome!
The eyes, though… They have an interesting appearance and I’ll have to wait until it gets here to be sure, but I may just be going ahead and repairing the mod. It may be a bit toooo wide-eyed for my tastes. Either way, I’m super excited now. The lip mods are actually adorable, too~ Just have to wait until tomorrow… =whistles innocently=
And while I’m at it…. Still waiting on my Mirodoll order to ship. Three weeks since they said it would ship and not a word from them yet. Contacted them two days ago and haven’t heard a response yet. Not happy here. Not at all.
In the meantime, I actually finished the wig for Svar from that alpaca fiber I dyed. Still want to add some faint pink hues to it, and will definitely need to thin it a bit, but it’s SO soft! I keep stroking his head like a cat. OTL It got me excited about making more, so I ordered some much LONGER alpaca fibers this time, lol, in white and a beautiful auburn brown. 5-6″ lengths. My 4oz bag of random mix was nice to play with, but too many tiny fiber lengths, and much too much time painstakingly separating and piecing them into piles for locks, often strands at a time. Plus, they made it much tougher to wash at the smaller sizes. Plan on ordering some black later for all my black haired beauties I wanna make wigs for. I’ve decided this is it… this is the medium I want their hair in. I may substitute with a synthetic wig here or there, but I’ll have to LOVE the style of it. Otherwise, Suri Alpaca offers all I ever wanted in a wig.
At least poor Svar is no longer my bondage victim. O_o;
This was my first two layers and from here I already learned to NOT let the wefts be as thick as you can see in the photo. Baaaaad idea. This actually is one of the biggest offenders in making the wig too thick for a tiny. Probably wouldn’t have noticed it at all for an SD sized head. Lessons gotta be learned some how, lol~
And here’s the finished wig. The part gave me fits, but I learned a lot in just this one piece. My next wig won’t have quite as many issues. Oh, been using Elmer’s Wood Glue Max. It’s somewhat flexible when dried fully, and most importantly it’s waterproof/water resistant. However, it does dry a very off-colored yellow-brown. Really want a good, strong white pva glue for these wigs, but wood glue will have to supplement for the time being.
Also got some Gorilla Super Glue to patch the Leeke D body foot. The screw stripped the resin and popped out. It’s all fixed good as new now! I’ve also started the process of reglueing head magnets since the heat seems to have caused all my magnet headed BJDs to have their magnets pop out. T_T Ah well, should be good as new, soon!